At the Heart Rhythm Center, we offer advanced cardiac care that can diagnose, treat and even cure heart rhythm irregularities. How? By using advanced Cardiac Electrophysiology procedures.
Advanced Heart Mapping
Cardiac Electrophysiology (EP) helps cardiologists diagnose and treat the abnormal electrical activities of the heart. Using high-tech equipment, our cardiologists can create a detailed map of your heart. This helps them diagnose the precise cause of heart rhythm problems and what treatment will work best for you.
Treating Abnormal Heart Rhythm
Our cardiologists can treat your heartbeat irregularities in a number of ways:
- Ablation - a non-surgical procedure that eliminates abnormal rhythm by using radio frequencies to remove tissue that blocks or "short circuits" the heart's regular electrical signals
- Pacemaker Implant - a small electronic device that generates electrical signals that keep the heart beating normally
- Defibrillator Implant - a device that sends pulses to the heart to return it to a normal rhythm during dangerous changes in heartbeat.
Our Advanced EP Laboratory
The Heart Rhythm Center's EP lab includes some of the most advanced equipment in our region including:
- Complex Electrocardiogram (EKG) - utilizes a non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring system that gives doctors a comprehensive, real-time look at the status of the heart and blood circulation
- Bi-planar X-Ray - provides multiple views of the heart, helping doctors navigate and perform procedures with pinpoint accuracy and greater safety
- Cardiac Mapping - uses the CARTO Navigation System to provide unparalleled 3-D views of the heart, allowing for safer and more accurate diagnoses
- Intercardiac Echocardiography (ICE) - an external procedure using ultrasound to provide doctors with a visual portrait of the heart, its chambers and valves